Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Varsity co-ed final note before nationals

Well, here we go....
Todays practice was what I was hoping for.  Great kids and fantastic team.  I am super excited and if they believe they can do it- they will place VERY well out of the 21 teams.  TY for blessing me with your kids.  I have really loved them as a team.  Honestly my favorite team in 17 years.  This will be my 14th team I am taking to nationals.  I have only taken one team that was not in the top 4 at state.  Otherwise, I have been given many amazing kids in these many years.  This team is just very special to me.  My prayers are going to be answered with a fun great safe routine!  Nationals is fair and tough.  We are ready.

(BTW- the new CHSAA assistant commisioner in charge of spirit, is a former cheer coach.  She ran state this year as it had always been run.  However, this year, she is going to nationals and she will observe the entire system.  She will watch judging, tabulations, awards, warm-ups, and SOOO much more.  MY hope and request to her has been a few things: score sheet to be given at state that day, scoresheets to be given between pre-lims and finals, JUDGES from out of state ((can I get an Amen??!?!!)), and new score sheets.)  Just letting you all know I am still not ok w/state, I will let it go when it is fair and made right for at least the future.  I have been told my fighting about making things fair will be the death of me!  lol

Another note-
The final cost for covering the cost of coaches (2) and admin (1) is $100/pp.  Please have this payment into the accountant at CVHS main office via check, cash, or cc by Feb 28th.  If payments need to be made, it is understood, please let me know.  Also, the accountant will be given a list of team members, and no one will letter until payment is done.  (or payments are being made) 

Written in December- on an older blog
"The final payment for coaches/admin will be due by Jan 11th. High estimate is $192/pp. The final total due will be $50 less than the original estimate. So, that is some good news. Again, please wait on this number. It will also vary for anyone who sold their above required number for their shopping tickets, sold butter braids, and sold any pizzas. Your final payment due will be adjusted."
If you/your athlete did fundraising, and you are NOT on this below list or the # sold is incorrect, please let me know.  I am happy to re-check.  Really.  I have also gone through and finalized who still owes for one thing or another.  (Boys were JUST given their invoices today for a couple of items.)  Fundraising money can be used for next year/season OR off of the $100 balance due. 

Please know texting will be the best way to get in touch with me while at nationals.  (303) 475-9792.  Please feel free to contact me at anytime.  If not going to nationals, and you want to watch a portion of the routine, please go to varsity.com.  If will be under the NHSCC videos.  You will be able to see EVERY highschools routine (in sections) and see results.  You may even see "shout-outs" and such from our crazy group.

Coaches/admin breakdown:
Flights $273 x3=$819 Rooms low estimate $571 x 3= $1713.  1713+819=2532.  /25 kids= $101.28.
So- $100/pp

 Fundraising $ amounts below can be subtract from $100 due. (Shopping is $8 credit per ticket and butterbraids $4)

Shopping      Pizza Butterbrd
Cat 24
Haley S 24
Collins 24 12
MaddiW   8
Paige 32 28
Allie Fk 12
Shea 100
Danl S   36
Miki 24
Olivia 16
(Collins- I may have the two girls combined...please let me know who did what.  THNX)
Thank you Elijuan and Addy for helping.  SOOOOOO excited!!! Coach heather

No comments:

Post a Comment