Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fundraising

Fundraising is required for all sports and activities at most high schools.  Our program asks for less money and fundraising per athlete than any other spirit program in DCSD.  I have asked.  Varsity dance is approx $1000 less than most anyone else!  JV levels are approx $500 less!  With the new one season athletic fee vs two, that cuts my working budget for coaches, music, awards, state bus fees, and so on- plus NOW competition fees in half.  Because I am working w/ less than 1/2 of the incoming money for a 2 season sport and I am now covering all competitions, the fundraising is ABSOLUTELY essential.  In these tough economic times, I understand how hard it is for most families.  However, most of the families that are struggling are not doing the extra work to earn individual money for their athletes account through our fundraising.  Please know that no scholarships can be given out at this time, and I am doing my best to control all costs. 

http://www.facebook.com/OutletsatCastleRock?sk=app_122139254463179

This is a link to add to your facebook page for the Outlets shopping day.  Make sure your athlete sells their tickets.  The big reason we do this is to meet a certain amount of tickets sold in order to take a split of the raffle proceeds.  (Last year that was approx $4000!)  The kids must sell their tickets.  It is actually easy if they sell those and the ebooks at Safeway, King Soopers, and Walmart.  If they need a letter on letterhead, as one manager asked, let me know and I can fax or email one to him/her.
Good luck- and happy selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment